Kate Spade - Bad Customer Service and Dishonest WebSite

43 of 71 Kate Spade reviews

I have bought a few items in past at their stores and bags for my niece and had always liked their items.

Went through a nice little Bait and Switch today.

I ordered a bag on Nov 30th, on sale, it was confirmed bag was in stock, and I was sent a confirmation email saying it was in progress for shipping....then nothing. I went into my account today (11 days later) and it showed order as still in progress. I sent an email to inquire and 2 hours later got an email saying order was canceled, with no explanation. I had to go back into my account to see that they canceled it and it now stated bag in that color was out of stock.

I called customer service and waited on line 20 minutes. They said nothing could be done, that the system generated the cancellation automatically (ironic it was only after my inquiry).

They would not agree to apply the sale price to any of the other colors left in stock, the price was now double what they had originally offered it for, nor would they honor the sale price for anything else on their site.I told them I would not be purchasing anything else from them in future and their response, from a supervisor, was there was nothing she would do.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Kate Spade Cedar Street Harmony Bag
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #747437 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kate Spade? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
43 of 71 Kate Spade reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kate Spade. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kate Spade.
Filing a new complaint about
×