I purchased 4 bracelets from their online site on December 2 to give to my best friends as Christmas gifts.By December 12 I noticed my order had still not been processed and I gave them a call.
They said that they would take care of it and I received an email the next day saying it had been shipped. Hopeful that it would still make it for Christmas I tried the tracking number I was given but it did not work. So I make another call to Kate Spade's customer care line and they told me to call Purolator because it was a shipping problem. But after speaking with Purolator I was told that they did not receive the package and I would need to contact the shipper.
I contact Kate Spade again and was told they would investigate it, that it was likely just waiting in customs and that they would let me know within the next 3-5 days. I didn't hear anything so I contact them again (now December 27 - after Christmas) and was told my file was still open which means they still don't know where it is, but I should hear from them in the next few days. A week later (today - Jan 2 - one month after I ordered) I have still not heard from them so I give them a call. They explain to me that customs returned the item back to their warehouse and so they issued me a credit and I would need to reorder with them to receive my items.
I took a look at my account and they did credit me (on December 23rd??? couldn't they have told me this during my previous call???) but it was not for the full amount. They still owed me nearly $30. She explained this was likely because the exchange rate difference between when I bought and when I received the return, so I would need to contact my bank.
When I said that there is no way that the exchange rate had fluctuated that much in a month she said that she did see that I was still owed a $9 credit (why??? if I was apparently already given a full refund???). Both the customer care person nor the supervisor made any effort to acknowledge the frustration and inconvenience they had caused me, let alone that I had lost money through the whole process.
Their only offer was to help me replace my order at full price (so full price plus the $20 I was now out).When I shared I would not be purchasing from them now or any time in the future, she responded with the *customer care script* I had heard over and over again - "Is there anything else I can help you with?" - REALLY??!??!??
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Order
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "i ordered a few days back. I was glad that there's alwats an update I get via sms as to the status of my order. Amazingly, I finally got another..."
- "Bought Kate spade teapot b/w polka dots. Finish came off the bottom on my brand new cooktop and ruined it! I had tried to return it earlier unfortunately did..."
- "After reviewing the beautiful selection of trees on the Balsam Hill website we decide to splurge and order the 7.5 ft., narrow Norway Spruce pre-lit tree. Sadly we are replacing..."
- "I was trying with 10$ and found that the prices on MT4 platform vs Prices on IQ options' platform differ alot. Its like the quotations are their own and not..."
- "20 years ago Nick Lambrinos renovated and converted two semi-detached homes into multiple dwelling units. He hired the appropriate contractors, Architect and Engineers to complete project. Drawings , Building Permits..."
- "Booked a 5 day rental from Payless Car Rental at an offsite airport location (Toronto Pearson International) through Expedia. A few days later I checked Priceline and found an..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."