Kate Spade Horrible Customer Service - No items and still owed $$
I purchased 4 bracelets from their online site on December 2 to give to my best friends as Christmas gifts.By December 12 I noticed my order had still not been processed and I gave them a call.
They said that they would take care of it and I received an email the next day saying it had been shipped. Hopeful that it would still make it for Christmas I tried the tracking number I was given but it did not work. So I make another call to Kate Spade's customer care line and they told me to call Purolator because it was a shipping problem. But after speaking with Purolator I was told that they did not receive the package and I would need to contact the shipper.
I contact Kate Spade again and was told they would investigate it, that it was likely just waiting in customs and that they would let me know within the next 3-5 days. I didn't hear anything so I contact them again (now December 27 - after Christmas) and was told my file was still open which means they still don't know where it is, but I should hear from them in the next few days. A week later (today - Jan 2 - one month after I ordered) I have still not heard from them so I give them a call. They explain to me that customs returned the item back to their warehouse and so they issued me a credit and I would need to reorder with them to receive my items.
I took a look at my account and they did credit me (on December 23rd??? couldn't they have told me this during my previous call???) but it was not for the full amount. They still owed me nearly $30. She explained this was likely because the exchange rate difference between when I bought and when I received the return, so I would need to contact my bank.
When I said that there is no way that the exchange rate had fluctuated that much in a month she said that she did see that I was still owed a $9 credit (why??? if I was apparently already given a full refund???). Both the customer care person nor the supervisor made any effort to acknowledge the frustration and inconvenience they had caused me, let alone that I had lost money through the whole process.
Their only offer was to help me replace my order at full price (so full price plus the $20 I was now out).When I shared I would not be purchasing from them now or any time in the future, she responded with the *customer care script* I had heard over and over again - "Is there anything else I can help you with?" - REALLY??!??!??
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Order
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I will be attaching three documents pertaining to the way EBAY handles members complaints & what they do not do about it. I hate calling being on hold for ages..."
- "I'm a Poshmark member.I was told on the site that I had one a gift.I went to the website to claim my gift, it would allow me so right a..."
- "Bought Kate spade teapot b/w polka dots. Finish came off the bottom on my brand new cooktop and ruined it! I had tried to return it earlier unfortunately did..."
- "20 years ago Nick Lambrinos renovated and converted two semi-detached homes into multiple dwelling units. He hired the appropriate contractors, Architect and Engineers to complete project. Drawings , Building Permits..."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "NOW I read this - ***. He is driving a black jeep... said he just came from Harry Rosens as a rep for Armani. Asked directions to airport from Jarvis..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."