I was making 2 purchases at Kate Spade and wanted to use 2 separate cards.They ran the 1st purchase and I swiped my debit card at which point it was declined.

The cash is there so they supposedly reset and I swiped my card again. Since it wasn't declined, the clerk totaled the next purchase on the same receipt and I swiped my American Express. Left the store with my purses and wallets and checked my bank statement a few days later. I was charged for the 1st purchase that was declined $422.00.

Then I was charged for the 2nd purchase on my debit card as well as my American Express card $214.54. Thus, I was charged twice for $214.54. Once on my AE and once on my debit card. I brought my American Express statement and my debit card ledger showing where I was charged twice and they needed to replenish my bank account $214.54.

Neither of the clerks believed I was charged twice! They had the evidence in their hand but were very suspicious and didn't believe me! I asked if they believed me and the response was, "I don't understand the new technology." Now I have to wait and per the other complaints, doesn't look like I will get my $214.54 back. Will never shop in Kate Spade Outlet again.

Next stop....Better Business Bureau!

I didn't like: Checking out and the staff.

Comments